Making calls with the Polycom VVX-310 VoIP phone
In this guide, we explain everything you need to know about making calls with your Polycom VVX-310 VoIP phone.
You can place a call using the handset, speakerphone, or headset. You can dial the number first and then choose the method by picking up the handset, pressing [Speakerphone Key], pressing [Headset Key], choosing the method first, and then dialling the number. You can place calls in these ways:
- Manually, from the Dialer
- Automatically, by tapping a favourite in Home or Lines view
- Automatically, from your Favourites list, Recent Calls list, or Contact Directory
Calling from the Dialler
The Dialler displays a list of previously placed calls. Select one of the entries to enter it automatically. Or start entering a number. As you enter numbers, the Dialler displays a list of similar numbers, as shown next. Use the up and down arrow keys to select a match and automatically enter it.
To display the Dialler, do one of the following:
From Home view, select New Call.
From Lines or Calls view, press New Call. (The New Call soft key won’t display if you have an active call.)
If your phone is idle, start entering a phone number.
Pick up the handset, or press [Speakerphone Key] or [Headset Key]. This method only works if you don’t have an active call.
In Lines view, press a line key that doesn’t have any calls.
When you access the Dialler, an active call is held. To call from the Dialler:
- Enter the number, and then pick up the handset, press a line key, press [Speakerphone Key], or press [Headset Key]
- If you’re already in the handset, speakerphone, or headset mode, enter the number and press Dial.
Placing Calls from Favourites, Recent Calls, and Directories
In addition to the Dialler, you can place calls from the Recent Calls list, Favourites list, or your Directory. Or, you can quickly call a favourite from Home or Lines view.
To call from the Recent Calls list:
- Access your Recent Calls list by doing one of the following:
- From Home view, select Directories, and select Recent Calls.
- From Lines view, press the right arrow key for the Placed Calls list, the down arrow key for the Missed Calls list, or the left arrow key for the Received Calls list.
2. From the Recent Calls list, use the up and down arrow key to select the person you want to call and press Dial.
To call from your Favourites list:
- From the Home view, select Directories and select Favourites. You can also press the up arrow key to access the Favourite list.
- From your Favourites list, use the up and down arrow key to select the favourite you want to call and press Dial.
To call from your Directory:
- From the Home view, select Directories and select Contact Directory.
- From your Directory, use the up and down arrow key to select the contact you want to call.
- Place the call by doing one of the following:
- From the contact’s information screen — press Info, use the up and down arrow key to select the contact and press Dial.
- Use the up and down arrow key to select the contact and press Dial
To dial the last number you called, press the right arrow key for the Placed Calls list. The first number in the list is the last call you placed.
To redial a number:
- From the Placed Calls list (shown next), press Dial.
Use the up and down arrow key to select the other previously placed calls.