How to setup conference calls using Cisco 8841, 8851 and 8861 phones
In this guide, we explain everything you need to know about setting up conference calls using Cisco 8841, 8851 and 8861 business phones.
Conference Calls and Meetings
You can talk with several people in a single call. You can dial another person and add them to the call. If you have multiple phone lines, you can join two calls across two lines. When you add more than one person to a conference call, wait a few seconds between adding participants.
As the conference host, you can remove individual participants from the conference. The conference ends when all participants hang up.
Add Another Person to a Call
When you add more than one person to a call, wait a few seconds between adding participants.
To add another person to a call:
- From an active call, press [Conference]
- Add the other person to the call by doing one of the following:
- Press Active calls and select a held call.
- Enter the phone number and press Call.
3. Press [Conference].
Swap Between Calls Before You Complete a Conference
You can talk to a person before you add them to a conference. You can also swap between the conference call and the call with the other person.
To swap between calls:
- Call a new conference participant but do not add the participant to the conference.
- Wait until the call is connected.
- Press Swap to toggle between the participant and the conference.
View and Remove Conference Participants
If you create a conference, you can view the details of the last 16 participants who join the conference. You can also remove participants.
To view and remove conference participants:
- While you are in a conference, press Show Details to view a list of participants.
- (Optional) Highlight a participant and press End call to stop the call and drop the participant from the conference.