How to answer calls on Polycom VVX-400 series phones
In this short guide, we walk you through answering calls on your Polycom 400 series phone.
To answer the call, do one of the following:
- To use the handset, pick up the handset.
- To use the speakerphone, press [Speakerphone Button] or press Answer.
- To use your headset, press [Headset Button].
If you’re already in handset, speakerphone, or headset mode, press Answer, and the phone will
automatically use the mode you’re in.
If you don’t answer the call within 10 seconds, the Incoming Call window disappears, and Calls
To answer the call, pick up the handset, press [Speakerphone Button], or press [Headset Button]. Or, from Calls view, press
Answer to use the speakerphone.
Answering Another Call
If you have a call and an incoming call arrives on the same or a different line, a call waiting tone beeps, and the Incoming Call window displays. To answer the call, press Answer. The call you were in is held.
If you don’t answer the call within 10 seconds, the Incoming Call window disappears, and Calls view displays.
Answering Calls Automatically
You may find it convenient if your phone to auto-answer calls, so you don’t have to press a key to answer a call. If you enable this feature, your phone will automatically answer incoming calls using the speakerphone. Your system administrator sets how many times your phone will ring
before the call is auto-answered.
If Auto Answer is enabled and a call arrives while you’re already in a call, the incoming call will be automatically answered if you end or hold the current call.
To enable your phone to automatically answer calls:
- Select Settings from Home view, and select Basic > Preferences > Auto Answer.
- From the Auto Answer screen, do the following:
- To enable your phone to automatically answer SIP calls, select Auto Answer SIP
Calls, and select Yes. The default setting is No.
- To mute the microphone for all auto-answered calls so the incoming caller can’t hear
you, select Microphone Mute, and select Yes. The default setting is Yes.
- Press Save