Create, join and manage conference calls using the Polycom VVX450
The VVX450 phone can manage a maximum of three active or held conference calls at a time. However, you can have only one active conference call in progress with numerous other conference calls on hold. In this guide, we explain how to start and manage calls using your business phone.
Initiate a Conference Call
You can initiate a conference call with up to two contacts.
Note: When your phone is set up for single key press conferences, you do not need to select the Conference soft key a second time to join parties to a conference call.
- Call a contact.
- When the contact answers, select the Conference soft key. The call is held.
- Enter another contact's number or select a contact from the directory or the call lists.
- When the contact answers, select the Conference soft key.
All call participants are added to a conference call.
Join Calls to Create a Conference Call
You can join one active call, and one held call into a conference call by doing any of the following:
- When you have an active call and a held call, select the Join soft key.
- When you have an active call and more than one held call, select a held call and select the Join soft key.
The active call and the selected held call are joined into a conference. If you have multiple held calls, the other held calls on the line remain held.
End a Conference Call
When you end a conference call, your connection to the call and all other participants will end
- During a conference call, select End Call.
Hold a Conference Call
When you place a conference call on hold, you place all conference participants on hold.
- Select Hold
Resume a Conference Call
Resuming a held conference call enables all participants to hear the audio of everyone on the call.
- Select Resume.