Changing audio and video settings on the Gamma Horizon PC softphone
In this guide, we explain everything you need to know about changing the audio and video settings on the Gamma Horizon PC softphone.
To use the Horizon Softphone client, you will need a microphone and speaker. This could be built into your computer or a headset. We'd recommend that you make sure that you get your audio settings correct to make and receive calls through your preferred audio device once you first start your client.
If you are using a device other than your computer built-in speakers and microphone, please make sure that you follow that devices installation instructions first.
Changing the Audio and video settings
To change the Horizon settings to your preferred device, you should go to your Settings which is the cog icon in the bottom left-hand corner of your client, and then select "Audio / Video" from the drop-down at the top of the client.
The panel is split into three sections:
- Headset Output Device - this should be the speaker you wish to use or calls.
- Headset Input Device - this should be the microphone you wish to use for calls
- Speakers Output Device - this is for your computer speakers. You can change this to a headset if you want all sounds to go through your headset.
- Speakers Input Device - this is for your computer microphone and not for calls. You can change this to a headset if you wish all recordings to go through this microphone.
- Level - Ring Device (alert signal) - This is the speaker that you want to ring when you receive a call
- Level - Ring Signal - your ringtone