How to transfer a call using a Polycom VVX450
In this post we explain how you can transfer phone calls with your Polycom VVX450 business handset.
You can transfer active or held calls to another person using the following transfer types:
- Blind transfer - Transfers the call directly to another line without speaking with the other party first.
- Consultative transfer - Enables you to speak with the other party before completing the transfer.
Choose a Default Transfer Type
When you choose a default transfer type, the phone uses the selected transfer type for all calls. Consultative is the default transfer type.
Here's how you can choose a default transfer type to use for all calls on the VVX 450 phone:
- Navigate to Settings > Basic > Preferences.
- Select Default Transfer Type and choose a transfer type—the selected transfer type issued for all calls.
Transfer a Call
You can transfer a call to another contact and choose the transfer type you want to use for the call.
1. During a call, you can do one of the following:
- Press the [Transfer Key] to use the default transfer type.
- Press and hold the [Transfer Key] to use the non-default transfer type.
For example, if Blind is the default, press and hold the [Transfer Key] to perform a Consultative transfer.
- Press the [Transfer Key] > More and select Blind or Consultative.
Depending on the default transfer type, either the Blind or Consultative option displays.
For example, if the default transfer type is Blind, then you can select Consultative.
2. Dial a number or choose a contact from the Recent Calls or a directory. If the transfer type is set to Blind, the call is transferred immediately.
3. If the transfer type is set to Consultative, select the [Transfer Key] after speaking with your contact.
Cancel a Transfer
If a contact does not answer the transfer or you want to remain speaking with the contact on your line, you can cancel the transfer before it is complete.
1. Select Cancel.
The call is not transferred and becomes active.