How to setup and use call forwarding in Gamma Horizon
In this post we walk you through how to set up and use call forwarding in your cloud hosted telephone system.
The Call Forwarding feature allows you to forward incoming calls to a number of your choice or a voicemail message box. Users can activate and deactivate the service by dialling a feature access code or configuring the service via their web interface, or simply pressing a key on the phone. If activated, a user must specify the forwarding number.
If a user has Connect, they will be able to control how calls are forwarded depending on whether someone called their mobile or fixed number. This is referred to as Call Forwarding Selective.
- Call Forwarding Always Activation *72
- Call Forwarding Always Deactivation *73
- Call Forwarding Always Interrogation *21*
- Call Forwarding Always to VM Activation *21
- Call Forwarding Always to VM Deactivation #21
- Call Forwarding Selective Activation #76
- Call Forwarding Selective Deactivation #77
- Call Forward Busy Activation *90
- Call Forward Busy Deactivation *91
- Call Forward Busy Status Check *67*
- Call Forward Busy to VM Activation *40
- Call Forward Busy to VM Deactivation #40
- Call Forward No Answer Activation *92
- Call Forward No Answer Deactivation *93
- Call Forward No Answer Status Check *61*
- Call Forward No Answer to VM Activation *41
- Call Forward No Answer to VM Deactivation #41
- Call Forward Not Reachable Activation *94
- Call Forward Not Reachable Deactivation *95
- Call Forward Not Reachable Status Check *63*
Turn Call Forwarding On/Off as a Company Administrator
Log into the Gamma Portal and go to Provisioning and Service Management, Hosted, Horizon and Horizon Manage Company.
Select your account and log in to the company you want by using the Actions button to select Login to Horizon.
Go to Users and List Users and locate the user that you want to set up Call Forwarding for, and then click the Edit button.
Click the Call Setup tab, and then under Incoming Calls, select Call Handling. You can now set up the following options:
- When I'm Busy - you can forward calls to voicemail or a specific number when you are on another call.
- When I Don't Answer - you can forward calls to voicemail or a specific number when you don't answer after a certain amount of rings. To do this, you should leave the number box blank, tick the tick box and state the number of rings before the call reaches voicemail.
- When I'm Unreachable - you can forward calls to a specific number (not voicemail) when your handset is not registered or powered on (e.g. If your internet access is down, incoming calls will go to this number)
If you would prefer to forward calls all the time, or (for Connect users) would like to forward them depending on which number was dialled, then you need to visit the Call Forwarding screen:
The Send the call to voicemail option will only appear if the Voicemail add-on has been given to the user.
Turn Call Forwarding On/Off as a User using the Horizon Portal
A user can set their own Call Forwarding rules when logging to Horizon. Once users are logged in, they can select the Call Setup option, and the Incoming Call Handling option is selected.
Turn Call Forwarding On/Off as a User using a Soft Client
Gamma offers different Soft Clients that can be used instead of a handset. A user also has the ability to change some of their settings directly from the soft client.