How to enable call waiting on a Gamma Horizon phone system
In this short guide we explain how to enable call waiting on a Gamma Horizon telephone system.
Call waiting is the ability to allow a caller to hear ringtone until the line being dialed becomes available. There is, however, a network limit of 3 minutes for a call to be ringing without answer, therefore the call would need to be answered prior to this time, otherwise the caller would not be connected.
To enable call waiting from a computer, follow these steps:
- Go to www.unlimitedhorizon.co.uk and login.
- Go to the "Call Setup" tab.
- Under the "In Call Options" section, go to "Settings".
- Toggle the feature On/Off and save the changes by clicking "Apply".
To enable call waiting from a handset, use the following shortcodes:
- To activate Call Waiting Persistent - *43
- To deactivate Call Waiting Persistent - #43
- To Cancel Call Waiting - *70
Please note that Call Waiting is applicable to the individual user of a hunt group for calls made directly to their extension. Therefore clicking on Call Waiting will allow a call made to the user directly to be kept on hold until the user becomes free, not clicking this option would mean engaged tone would be provided, where the user is receiving or has answered a Hunt Group call.